I have been designing beautiful and highly functional websites since 1997. Web design has come a long way since then. My designs have always been fast loading, easy to use and navigate, and optimized for search engines. Once upon a time, all websites were static, never changing blocks of content. Now, websites are highly evolved content management systems allowing the content to be separate from the display. This allows you to change the way your site looks at any time, with minimal effort once initially set-up.
Effective by Design offers content managed websites, featuring WordPress, that allow you to quickly create and (with a few hours of practice) easily maintain your content by using a very user-friendly “what you see is what you get” visual editor. You are able to upload and insert images, create text content, and write and post to your blog in minutes—and have the ability to make changes in seconds.
Here is what you will receive:
- A custom theme of your choice (we’ll help you choose) from StudioPress or another from our theme library.
- Integration of your logo into your custom theme. If you do not have a logo, a text-based logo will be created for you.
- Pages created—as many as you want—and they will be set-up into the navigation structure you define. NOTE: These pages are blank and contain titles only. You will need to enter the content.
- After your site is online and full payment is received you will have up to 4 hours of “Tweak Time” to be used within 60 days
Your new website is now ready for you complete by adding the content to each page. If you are new to WordPress, we will provide guidance and resources to help you but you are on your own from this point on.
We can do much more! For an additional cost, determined by the number of pages, we will
- Convert your current static HTML website (Convert HTML to WordPress service), and enter the content into your pages, or
- If a new website, your content entered and formatted into WordPress. We do not write your content—you must provide that to us.
How this service works:
- Fill out the Complete WordPress Blog/Website Order form.
- If you are converting (Please review Convert HTML to WordPress for this process.), I’ll look at your website, calculate the number of pages, look at the HTML and let you know what I can do. This may take a few days so don’t be alarmed if you don’t hear back from me right away. I try to group conversion projects together.
- If I am creating a brand new site for you I will get back to you with questions about your new website.
- I will review your reply and give you a quote for your Complete WordPress Blog/Website.
- If you agree we should proceed I’ll send you a link to PayPal for 75% payment.
- If you are converting your current website, I will build your new database and install on a standard WordPress theme for you to view. You’ll go through the site, making note of any glaring errors which I’ll correct. (Sometimes pages just don’t want to convert. It’s usually just some weird HTML anomaly but I may convert these pages by hand to save time.)
- The new theme will be installed and your logo integrated.
- When the website is complete according to our agreement, you’ll pay the remainder.
- The website will be installed on your host.
Note: If a conversion is part of the process, once the database is built and you are emailed the link to view your pages there is no refund on the initial 75%.
Questions? Use the Quick Contact form below.
Ready to start? Go to the Complete WordPress Blog/Website Order form.