Recommended List of Plugins
- Google Analytics for WordPress – Automatically tracks and segments all outbound links from within posts, comment author links, links within comments, blogroll links and downloads.
- Google Bot Bling – Designed to help website owners know when Google has indexed their website by sending you an email.
- Revision Truncate - Manage the number of revisions in your database to help system performance.
- Search Meter – Shows what people have been searching for in the past couple of days, week, or month.
- Theme Test Drive – Allows you to safely test drive any theme on your blog as administrator, while visitors still use the default one.
- WP Maintenance Mode - Adds a splash page to your blog to let visitors know your blog is down for maintenance.
- WP Print – Displays a printable version of your WordPress blog’s post or page.
- Comment Emailer – Customize the email WordPress automatically sends when a new comment, pingback, or trackback has been approved.
- CommentLuv – Reward your readers by automatically placing a link to their last blog post at the end of their comment.
- Safe Report Comments – Gives your visitors the opportunity to report a comment as inappropriate.
- SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam – Adds CAPTCHA anti-spam methods to WordPress on the comment form, registration form, login, or all.
- Contact Form 7 - Simple but flexible contact form plugin.
- Display Widgets – Adds checkboxes to each widget to show or hide on site pages.
- Exclude Pages from Navigation - Adds a checkbox, “include this page in menus”, which if unchecked the page will not appear in any listings of pages.
- FAQ-Tastic – Create and manage Frequently Asked Questions on your blog. Requires Ajaxify-Faqtastic.
- Global Translator – Automatically translates your blog in 48 different languages!
- My Brand – Customize Your Login, Registration, Lost Password and User/Admin Panel.
- Nofollow Case by Case – A “Follow” Plugin for Comment Author URLs and Comment (text) links. Say no to nofollow without losing control for comment links.
- Popular Posts – Displays a list of your blog’s most-viewed posts. The output can be customized in many ways.
- Post Plugin Library – Does nothing by itself. It’s the shared code library for Similar posts, Recent Posts, Random Posts, Popular Posts and Recent Comments.
- Quick Page/Post Redirect – Redirects WordPress Pages or Posts to another location quickly.
- Random Posts – Displays a list of randomly chosen posts.
- Transitions – Fading Transition Effect for Page Navigation. Page Fades In/Out on each Click.
- Viper’s Video Quicktags – Make it easy to quickly insert video from YouTube, Google Video, and more
- Widget Logic – Gives every widget an extra control field called “Widget logic” that lets you control the pages that the widget appears on.
- WPaudio MP3 Player – Install a plugin that makes you proud to embed MP3s.
- WP exec PHP - Execute PHP inside posts, pages and text widgets.
- WP Greet Box – Lets you show a different greeting message to your new visitors depending on their referrer url.
- WP-PageNavi – Adds a more advanced paging navigation
- WP Super Cache – Generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a html file is generated your webserver will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
- WP-Table Reloaded - Create and easily manage tables and include the tables into your posts, pages, or in text widgets by using a shortcode or a template tag function. Tables can be imported and exported from/to CSV, XML and HTML
- WPtouch – Simple, powerful and elegant mobile theme that automatically transforms your WordPress blog into an iPhone application.
- WP User Online – Shows how many users are on your site in real-time.
- WordPress Related Posts – Will generate a related posts via WordPress tags, and add the related posts to feed.
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin – Returns a customizable list of related entries based on a unique algorithm for display on your blog and RSS feeds.
- Faster Image Insert – Moves built-in Media Manager down in a meta-box, right next to main editing panel, so you have full control of the manager: opens it, makes it collapse or hidden from the interface completely.
- Featured Content Gallery – Creates an automated, fully customizable rotating image gallery anywhere within your WordPress site.
- Hot Linked Image Cacher – Detects when your images are being using elsewhere than on your blog (bandwidth theft) and prevents them from displaying.
- Max Image Size Control – Allows you to set a maximum size for images, and even better, you can have various sizes depending on categories.
- NextGEN Gallery – Full gallery management system which integrates in your blog and allows you to create galleries, slideshows and more.
- Scissors – Adds cropping, resizing, and rotating functionality to WordPress’ image upload and management dialogs and also allows automatic resizing of images when they are uploaded and supports automatic and manual watermarking of images
- Shutter Reloaded – An image viewer for your website that works similarly to Lightbox, Thickbox, etc. but does not require any external libraries.
- Zemanta – Recommends content while you write your post. It helps you enhance it with images, videos, links, and SEO optimized tags. It’s blogging on steroids.
- Advertising Manager – Manage and rotate your Google Adsense and other ads on your WordPress blog.
- Amazon Post Purchase – Monetize your blog posts with the ability for readers to purchase any product related to your post.
- Random / Rotating Ads – Easily show random / rotating ads—Google Adsense, affiliate ads, banners, images, flash, text, etc—anywhere in your template files or using widgets.
- wpClickBank – Get and post digital products by keyword from Clickbank.
- FeedBurner FeedSmith – Detect all ways to access your feed and redirect them to your FeedBurner feed so you can track every possible subscriber.
- RSS Footer – Add a line of content to the beginning or the end of all the articles in your feeds.
- Admin Renamer Extended – Change your default admin username.
- AntiVirus – Smart and effective solution to protect your blog against exploits and spam injections.
- Blog Protector – Protect your valuable blog content (Pages and Posts) from getting copied by disabling right click and text selection.
- Login LockDown – Records the IP address and timestamp of every failed login attempt preventing logins if attempts are detected from the same IP range.
- Secure WordPress Plugin – Provides a variety of security features for your WordPress installation.
- WP-MalWatch – Scanner designed to help alert you when hackers have been at work inside your blog.
- WordPress BackUp – Backup the upload directory (images), current theme directory, and plugins directory to a zip file. Zip files optionally sent to email.
- WordPress File Monitor – Monitors your WordPress installation for added/deleted/changed files. When a change is detected an email alert can be sent to a specified address.
- WP-DBManager – Automatic/manual scheduling of backing up and optimizing of database and more.
- WP Security Scan – Scans your WordPress installation for security vulnerabilities and suggests corrective actions.
- All in One SEO Pack – Optimizes your WordPress blog for search engines.
- Dagon Design Sitemap Generator – Generates a fully customizable sitemap.
- Google XML Sitemaps – This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog.
- Robots Meta – Easily add meta robots tags to WordPress pages.
- SEO Blogroll – Substitutes the default “Links” widget
- SEO Friendly Images – automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes.
- SEO Slugs – removes common words like ‘a’, ‘the’, ‘in’ from post slugs to improve search engine optimization
- SEO Title Tag – Allows you to override a page’s or a post’s title tag with a custom one.
- Subscribe to Comments – Robust plugin that enables commenters to sign up for email notification of subsequent entries. Includes a full-featured subscription manager that your commenters can use to unsubscribe to certain posts, block all notifications, or even change their notification email address!
- WP SEO Tags – Logs incoming queries from searchengines like Bing, Google and Yahoo.
- AddThis Social Bookmarking – Allows your users to bookmark your site easily with over 250 popular services and to share it with friends via email.
- Make Me Social – Sends each new post you make to the most famous social services. It will send your newly published post to Twitter, Diigo, Delicious, Tumblr, etc.
- Sociable – Automatically add links to your favorite social bookmarking sites on your posts, pages and in your RSS feed.
- TweetMeme Button – Easily allows your blog post or page to be retweeted. It provides a live count of how many times your post/page has been retweeted throughout Twitter.
- TwitterGrid – Displays the Twitter-Images of all your friends as a mosaic in the sidebar of your blog.
- Xhanch My Twitter – Show your latest tweets and you can customize it with our predefined customizations settings/options. Your latest tweets can be displayed via sidebar, post or page.
- Akismet – Protect your blog from comment and track-back spam.
- Bad Behavior – Blocking link spam and the robots which deliver it.
- Comment Timeout – Automatically closes comments on blog entries after a user-configurable period of time and override options available.
- Language-Based Comment Spam Condom – Compares the language contained in the comment text to the languages that you allow in your admin panel for this blog. If the comment is sorted valid, it is held for moderation. If there is a suspicion of comment spam, it blocks the comment and adds it to trash.
- Ozh’ Auto Moderate Comments – When a post gets old, instead of simply closing the discussion, send comments and trackbacks to the moderation queue. This will greatly reduce spam.
- Time Between Comments – Set time between comments to keep your blog spam free and make each comment more valuable.